Live The Change
With Marsha Powell, Founder of BelEve.
Marsha believes it is crucial to inspire and empower girls and young women to maximize their potential and celebrate their achievements. She and her sisters have set up a charity to make sure this happens.
“Empowering young women, that’s my mission.”
Live The Change With Marsha Powell
Empowering young women, that’s Marsha’s mission. Growing up, Marsha had four sisters and an encouraging mom; when she lost her mother due to gall bladder cancer at the age of 52, she experienced a moment of clarity. “I had a fantastic 52 years” were her mother’s lasting words of wisdom; from this, Marsha pledged to make a difference in the world, and so BelEve was born. Through her charity, Marsha has reached over 5000 girls with the vision and likely prospect of mentoring even more globally.
Some questions I ask:
- How do we support women in shifting their lack of confidence?
- How do you approach the task of empowering women when they themselves have experienced neglect from the women in their lives?
- What will it look like in society when woman begin taking leadership roles?
In this episode, you will learn:
- Steps you can take to find what you are passionate in
- How to find the confidence to be a leader and amplify your voice
- To understand that you do not need to take on a male persona to be considered a leader
Marsha’s 3 gems:
- Seek your purpose
- Do not let anyone stop you
- Find a mentor
Connect with Marsha:
Live The Change
Join Lucy for powerful interviews with global voices in heart-led, Social Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation, pioneering mission-centric business builders, and catalysts for positive change in the world.