“You wouldn’t want to be with a captain who has never weathered a storm.”
Nicole and I first met many moons ago when we were both fledgling online business owners in a pre-social media world. A few years and three children later, and after dipping her creative toe into a renovation project on a house, she realised that property development was her passion. Trips to building sites, sometimes with a baby strapped to her back, Nicole gradually built up a portfolio worth millions – an experience she has written about in her best-selling book Bricking It. Personal and professional setbacks have been a source of learning which she shares both through her podcast and as a speaker.
Some questions I ask:
- Did you ever truly believe that you would start a property business and become a millionaire?
- How did you take your foot off the entrepreneurial pedal when you had children?
- Do you feel you have agency over your future despite uncertain times?
- Would you recommend women going into business entrepreneurship in the property market?
In this episode, you will learn:
- Women are given the false hope that they can have everything but a compromise is always needed somewhere
- There is a huge gap in advice for those going through the child-rearing phase within a marriage
- Good use of social media shows other women what is possible – there is comfort in other people’s reality
- Nicole’s new book “How to Lose Millions in Property” was written to highlight the realities in the world of property
Nicole’s 3 gems:
- Treat every person with kindness and respect, as though they might be your next best client
- Life is a marathon not a sprint
- To be successful, all you have to do is finish
Connect with Nicole:
Bricking It: Bricking it by Nicole Bremner