“In unprecedented times, it’s a chance to set new precedents.”
Revelations about the future of the global employment market with the advent of rapid advancements in technology at one of Laura’s inspirational talks, had me reviewing the direction of my own business. Laura’s company, Phenomenal Training, works with customer-facing organisations to help them understand how to realign their business model to today’s changing digital landscape through culture change, communication and leadership programmes. With a background in Human Psychology, she is also a self-confessed AI geek.
Some questions I ask:
- How have managers had to change their idea of managing staff during the pandemic with remote working?
- What does the job market of the future look like?
- What do you say to people who have lost their job and what is their best plan looking forward?
In this episode, you will learn:
- How humans can leverage skills alongside technological advancement in the 2020s
- The three human edge skills: emotional intelligence, personal resilience, mental presence
- The 4 ‘Cs’ going beyond the algorithms: caring, collaboration, curious, creative
- Continuous learning and development keeps you interested in your role
Laura’s 3 gems:
- Planning backwards (‘how do I want to feel at the end of the day’ rather than ‘what am I going to do today’)
- Be grateful for life
- Reflect each day on GAIL (Gratitude/Accomplished/Improved/Learnt) and extract whatever success you can from it
Connect with Laura:
Website: Phenomenal Training
YouTube TEDx Talk: The Robots are Coming…..look busy
The Obstacle is the Way (Ryan Holiday)
NLP – Natural Language Processing
World Economic Forum
Learning and development
Cultural change and communication