“Talk to yourself like your best friend. It will feel weird but you’ll get used to it.”
I’m a firm believer that in life, you get out what you put in. But now with everyone working at home and our kitchen being the canteen, how can we set ourselves up to give our body and mind what they need, and not just spend the day raiding the tuck shop? No-fad nutrition consultant Kate shares her insights and some great tips.
Some questions I ask:
- How can we achieve work-life balance when working from home?
- Covid has freed up some time – no commute, no water cooler chat. But what do we do with it?
- How do we set up our food environment so we don’t mindlessly snack on rubbish all day?
- Often people have to hit rock bottom to want to change things. How can people feel motivated to change things before they get to that point?
In this episode, you will learn:
- If you want something to change, you have to make it a priority.
- Get a good night’s sleep and you’ll make better food choices. You won’t get decision fatigue.
- Try not to eat when you’re distracted. Even 5 or 10 minutes will give you a mindful lunch.
- Diarise it, and it’s more likely to happen. So, schedule in lunch, a walk…something you love.
Kate’s 3 gems:
- Do something you love – every day
Connect with Kate:
The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday